Choose to make a difference instead of choosing to be indifferent today.
Sir Chinubhai Madhavalal Baronet, ICE. donated Rs. 1,50,000 for King Emperor George V Hall and Lord Geroge Sydenham Clarke Library together in 1897. The library was inaugurated by the then Governor Sir Sydenham (Lord Sydenham, Later) in 1915 . The New Library Building was constructed in 1955.
The library claims to possess the richest (More than 80,000 books) collection of the world’s best publication of academic importance comprising a treasure of more than 30,000 rare books. We are constantly in a process of increasing our collection of books further. Sydenham Library has also started subscribing to research journals in electronic as well as printed formats. Library has provided E-Resources through NLIST, INFLIBNET Centre. The library is fully automated with SOUL software. The software facilitates issue -return of books, a web-based catalogue to access the books (OPAC) and reservation of books. Bar-coding system is used to computerize the bibliographic details of the books. The web-based inquiry module of software has been installed so the resource collection can be viewed from outside the campus.